An Equal Opportunity Institution
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans , student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services. The Technical College System of Georgia and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
- Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center and the Jasper County Center) Toni Doaty, Assistant Director of Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 502 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)228-7382
- ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center and the Jasper County Center) Teresa Brooks, Special Services Coordinator, email@example.com, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)228-7258
- Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Mary Jackson, Special Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, (706)646-6224
- Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504, (Employee complaints) Sharon K. Hill, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, 501 Varsity Road, Human Resources, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)229-3454
- Any complaints filed against the Title IX/ Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by Dr. Xenia Johns, Vice President for Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)228-7348
Southern Crescent Technical College adheres fully to the requirements of Title IX in both policies and procedures.
It is the policy of Southern Crescent Technical College that all students shall be provided an environment free of unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), discrimination, and retaliation.
All students and employees are expressly prohibited from engaging in any form of harassing, discriminating, intimidating or retaliatory behavior or conduct in all interactions with each other, whether or not the interaction occurs during class or on or off campus. Visitors to campuses shall not engage in prohibited conduct and may be barred for such conduct if other corrective measures are ineffective. Allegations of unlawful harassment occurring at clinical sites to which students are assigned shall be investigated in accordance with this procedure.
Any individual who has engaged in prohibited behavior or conduct will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion or dismissal.
All students are encouraged to report any act of unlawful harassment, discrimination, retaliation and/or intimidation. Reports will be treated in an expeditious and confidential manner.
SCTC will not tolerate retaliation for having filed a good faith harassment and/or discrimination complaint or for having provided any information in an investigation. Any individual who retaliates against a complainant or witness in an investigation will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion or dismissal.
Any individual who knowingly makes a false charge of harassment/discrimination or retaliation, or who is untruthful during an investigation may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion or dismissal.
Therefore, Southern Crescent Technical College will not tolerate sexual harassment by anyone, in any form, at any time or location, served by or used by members of the college community. If any member of the SCTC community believes they have been subjected to sexual harassment, they should immediately make that fact known by the most expeditious means to the appropriate school official.
In the case of employees, that person is Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Sharon K. Hill, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, 501 Varsity Road, Human Resources, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)229-3454
In the case of students, that person is Title IX/Equity Coordinator Toni Doaty, Assistant Director of Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 502 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, (770)228-7382
For students in clinical placements at hospitals and clinics or other locations around the state, it is essential that you report incidents of sexual harassment to the College, directly to the coordinator listed above, as well as to the designated official at your place of assignment.
For supervisors of students in clinical placements especially, but for every supervisor at every level in the organization, it is your duty to be certain that allegations of sexual harassment that come to your attention be reported immediately.
If the student or employee being harassed does not report it, you are required to do so.