Georgia Business Expansion Support Act
Technical College System of Georgia
Georgia Department of Revenue
Click here for information for employers that are interested in earning state income tax credit for eligible types of employee retraining programs.
The purpose of the Retraining Tax Credit is to:
- Foster the profitability and competitiveness of Georgia's existing Businesses by encouraging workforce development through retraining tax incentives;
- Help companies offset the costs of retraining employees that are affected by the implementation of new equipment or new technology;
- Enhance the skills of Georgia employees to enable them to successfully use new equipment, technology, or operation systems.
Income Tax Credit
The Georgia Tax Credit for Retraining of Employees provides tax credits according to the "Georgia Business Expansion Support Act of 1994" as amended. An eligible business enterprise may be granted tax credits against its Georgia state tax liability:
- Equal to one half of the direct cost of retraining;
- Up To $500 per approved training program per year for each full-time employee who has successfully completed an approved retraining program.