In light of the current health issues and concerns resulting from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Southern Crescent Technical College has made the decision to suspend all classes (including online) and activities for the week of March 16, 2020 with the exception of allied health clinical rotations which will continue as scheduled. Students should contact their instructor regarding any concerns with clinicals.
All campus locations will be closed to students and guests during this time. It is our goal to provide our customers with the highest level of service, therefore the College will maintain customer service hours via phone and email.
While a variety of factors influenced this decision, be assured that the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is always our primary concern. This remains a rapidly evolving situation and the emergency management team is meeting daily and will continue to develop answers, adjust plans as necessary, and communicate frequently.
At this time, in an abundance of caution for the safety and well-being of our campus community, Southern Crescent Technical College has elected to postpone the following events to a later date:
- March 16, 2020 - Prepare Don’t Panic Workshop
- March 17, 2020 - Self-Empowerment Expo - Griffin Campus
- March 18, 2020 - Prepare Don’t Panic Workshop
- March 19, 2020 - Prepare Don’t Panic Workshop
- March 19, 2020 - Secondary Partners Breakfast
- March 19, 2020 - Open House-Henry
- March 23, 2020 - Advisory Committee Meeting/Dinner
- March 25, 2020 - Career Fair
- March 26, 2020 - Work Ethics Ceremony
- March 30, 2020 - Winners’ Circle Reception
- March 31, 2020 - Student Parent Event
- April 2, 2020 - SCTC Foundation Wine and Food Pairing Event
- April 2, 2020 - SGA Meeting Event Center
- April 14, 2020 - RN Lab Open House on the Flint River Campus
Please monitor www.sctech.edu for updated information and resources. We plan to make an announcement for the following week on Friday, March 20, 2020.
As a reminder, in order to minimize the risk and spread of this virus, you should continue to
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.