In compliance with Governor Brian Kemp’s Executive Order issued on March 16, 2020, all Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) colleges, including SCTC, will be closed to students and outside guests from March 18, 2020 to March 31, 2020 in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
After careful consideration, SCTC has made the decision to move Spring Break for students (previously scheduled for the week of April 6, 2020) to the week of March 23, 2020. During this time, the College will remain CLOSED to students and outside guests with NO CLASSES.
- Instructors will email students information regarding how each course will operate in an online/virtual setting.
- All communication regarding these plans will come from SCTC email accounts and/or from Blackboard.
- Please take this time with no classes to prepare for online learning. If you anticipate a problem with online learning, please reach out to your instructor now to begin making a plan.
- Additional information for students including access to tutoring and guidance for using Blackboard and other online resources will be available at www.sctech.edu/covid-19/ under Student Resources.
- Online library resources remain available via the library link on the SCTC website.
- Please note the following calendar change: April 13, 2020 has been changed to an instructional day and classes will be in session.
Students in clinical rotations should contact their instructor for additional information.
SCTC faculty and staff are now working from remote locations during normal office hours and remain available to answer phone calls and emails. Contact your instructor with questions about classes or for additional assistance. The SCTC website also has contact information for all faculty located at the top of the home page under Directory. A list of office contacts is available on the www.sctech.edu/covid-19/ webpage under Student Resources for your reference.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and SCTC is monitoring ongoing developments and will update the campus community accordingly. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern.
Please monitor www.sctech.edu, your SCTC email, and the SCTC social media accounts for updated information and resources. We plan to make an announcement for the following week on or before Friday, March 27, 2020.
As a reminder, in order to minimize the risk and spread of this virus, we encourage you to follow the recommendations of the CDC which can be found at www.cdc.gov.