Resources for Southern Crescent Faculty
SCTC Guide to Working Remotely
SCTC Guide to Working Remotely, and other IT resources/information can be found on helpdesk.sctech.edu
Learning and Academic Support Services
Blackboard Webinar Training
Blackboard is offering a free webinar training series, Accelerate Your Transition to Remote Instruction, from March 17 - March 27, for instructors who are new to Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Collaborate and are making a quick transition to deliver instruction remotely. Enrollment is currently open at Webinar Training Series: Accelerate Your Transition to Remote Instruction.
The webinars topics included in this series are:
- Teaching Remotely (Blackboard Learn Basics)
- Getting Started with Teaching a Virtual Class (Collaborate)
- Guide to Building Mobile Content
There are multiple options to attend for each topic.
Register for the series and to select the dates that you would like to attend.
Helpful Blackboard and Distance Education Links
Distance Education is dedicated to your online success. Below are some excellent links that will introduce and reacquaint you to all that we have to offer.
We are available Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- SCTC's Online Resources
- Blackboard Learn for Instructors
- Creating Mobile Friendly Content
- Tips for Creating A Mobile-Friendly Class
Blackboard Mobile App – Instructor
The Blackboard mobile app enables instructors to view and interact with their Blackboard courses.
Helpful instructions for Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Moderator – Cheat Sheet should guide you through most of what you need to know.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Moderator – Breakout Groups adds information useful if you plan on creating breakout groups.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Participant – Cheat Sheet is a cheat sheet which should guide STUDENTS on most of what THEY need to know. (Also posted on Student Resources)
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Participant – Bb Student App is for students to learn how to use the student app. (Also posted on Student Resources)
The main one you want to look at is the Moderator Cheat Sheet.
Here are two other Blackboard links on Collaborate…
- For students (participants): https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/v12/Participant
- For student and Instructors (moderators): https://help.blackboard.com/Filter/Collaborate_Ultra
Here are some videos on YouTube. You can find more with a Google search of “youtube blackboard collaborate”.
- Holding Virtual Class with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra Experience User Interface Tour
- Blackboard Collaborate: A one click virtual classroom
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Basics (posted by an individual user)
For more Blackboard instructions, please go to https://gvtc.tcsg.edu/ and look at both the Faculty Training Resources module and the Blackboard module.
Helpful Library Links and Reminders
Our librarians and library assistants are here to help you with your curriculum needs.
We are available via Blackboard Collaborate Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
You can contact us by clicking on SCTC Libraries and calling, emailing, or chatting with us.
Helpful Tutoring and Mentoring Reminders and Scheduling Link
The Tutoring and Mentoring Center wants your final weeks of the term to be successful. We offer tutoring in English, math, study skills, and test prep.
Students can schedule appointments through Acuity and access Tutor.com through individual course shells.