Learning and Academic Support Services
Helpful Blackboard and Distance Education Links
Distance Education is dedicated to your online success. Below are some excellent links that will introduce and reacquaint you to all that we have to offer.
We are available Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
You can contact us by Submitting a Distance Education Helpdesk ticket.
Blackboard Mobile App – Students
The Blackboard mobile app enables students to view and interact with their Blackboard courses.
Helpful instructions for Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Participant – Cheat Sheet (PDF) should guide you through most of what you need to know.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Participant – Bb Student App (PDF) are instructions on using the student app.
Blackboard links for help with Collaborate:
- For students (participants): https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/v12/Participant
- For student and Instructors (moderators): https://help.blackboard.com/Filter/Collaborate_Ultra
Helpful Library Links and Reminders
Our librarians and library assistants are here to help you with your curriculum needs.
We are available via Blackboard Collaborate Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
You can contact us by clicking on SCTC Libraries and calling, emailing, or chatting with us.
Helpful Tutoring and Mentoring Reminders and Scheduling Link
The Tutoring and Mentoring Center wants your final weeks of the term to be successful. We offer tutoring in English, math, study skills, and test prep.
We are available via Blackboard Collaborate Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If you’d like after-hours tutoring, tutor.com is available via your course Blackboard.
You can contact us and schedule an appointment by clicking on Acuity Scheduling.
Social Studies Sites
Helpful Links for Instruction
- Literacy Link-KET
- McGraw Hill Online Learning Center
- Test and Worksheet Generator (Math)
English as A Second Language (ESL)
- Operations with Integers
- Operations with Fractions
- Square Roots
- Ratios and Proportion
- Averages (Means, Medians, and Modes)
- Basic Operations with Polynomials
- Factoring Polynomials
- Linear Equations in One Variable
- Exponents and Radicals
- Rational Expressions
- Linear Equations in Two Variables