Current Students Portal Link = www.sctech.edu/currentstudents/
What should I do first? (Banner Web)
Using your accounts for the first time can be a little confusing, so let's look at the best way to get logged in. First, let's go to Banner Web:
- Access the Southern Crescent Technical College link at http://banweb.sctech.edu.
- Click on Current Students, then the Banner Web link.
- Click on Enter Secure Area.
- User ID: 900XXXXXX (Southern Crescent student ID# )
PIN: 6 Digit Birthday (MMDDYY)
- If you agree to the Terms of Usage, click Continue.
- Re-enter your PIN and create a security question so you can reset your password in case you forget it.
- At the Update Ethnicity and Race page, click Review and at the next page, click Save.
- You will then be at the Main Menu; choose Personal Information.
- Go to the link "view email address". Here you will find your personal Southern Crescent Technical College student e-mail address.
What is second? (Student E-mail)
- Use your email address (found in Banner Web) to set up your SCTC student email in Windows 365 at https://login.microsoftonline.com/ or click on Student Email on https://www.sctech.edu/currentstudents/.
- Use the default password: Tigers(last 6 digits of your student id number) exp Tigers123456
- Complete all of the information on the page, scrolling all the way down to the end. Once you have completed that page, you will need to sign in again using your new password.
- At the Windows Live home screen, click on “mail” on the upper left side. Sign on to the Outlook screen and set your time zone and preferences. You should be back to the homepage screen. Click Mail. You should see a screen where you can receive/read/send email.
- Microsoft Office 365 also offers many other applications, feel free to use them. Here is a link for free Microsoft Office: https://products.office.com/en-us/student.
- Resetting Your Password – when you first sign into E-mail, please take the time to enter your telephone number and personal email. This will allow you to reset your password, in case you forget it, in the future. Also, it will save you if you are not able to get in touch with the SCTC Helpdesk during off hours.
What is third? (Blackboard - BbL)
1. Blackboard login has changed. Blackboard will now require you to use your user name and password to login. This is the same single sign on as is used for Banner Web.
2. What is your Username: Your user name is the first portion of your SCTC email address before the @ sign.
3. What is your Blackboard Password: The password will be the same as your email.
If you are having issues logging into Blackboard, contact the Student Help Desk. Be sure to fill out all the information requested on the Help Desk form.
New Students: *Please Note if you are a first time student you will not be able to log into Blackboard until you are registered for a class. Then you will be able to sign in, but your classes will not be available until the first day of class. Also if you are registered for an upcoming semester and not the current one you may not be able to sign in until closer to the start date of that term.*
What is fourth? Learn about Blackboard
- Sign into Blackboard
- Click on Student Orientation Self Enroll on the left side under Tools
- The Self Enrollment page will display, click Submit
- You will be transferred to Student Training course.
- Click on SCTC Home button, located on upper right, to return to your home menu.
- To return to Student Blackboard Training to My Organizations on your SCTC Home menu.
What about Fifth? (Problems with Blackboard or Student E-mail)
If you have any problems, contact the Student Help Desk: http://studenthelpdesk.sctech.edu/.
Or go to the Current Student Page: http://www.sctech.edu/currentstudents/ on the left menu, click on Helpdesk for Blackboard/Email. On the helpdesk form make sure to fill out ALL of the information.
Contact Information - Fill out all blanks including the Student Email and the Alternate Email.
- Email is the primary way you will be contacted by a helpdesk technician.
Problem Information – Make sure to choose a problem category and include a problem description.
When you have successfully submitted a service request a message will show on the screen with a request number.
Please allow 24 business hours for a response and also make sure to check your SPAM folder in your email. For more info, check out https://www.sctech.edu/currentstudents/academic-affairs/online-learning/