Access your SCTC Student Email at portal.sctech.edu and enter your full SCTC Student Email Address ( ex. email@example.com) and Password.
To activate your new SCTC Student Email, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the SCTC Student Email site at portal.sctech.edu
- Enter your full SCTC Student Email Address and click Next
- Enter the temporary Password Tigers followed by the last six digits of your Student ID. (ex. Tigers123456)
- You will be asked to change your password. Follow the on-screen prompts and then click Sign In
- The final step in activation is to step up Password Recovery Information. Please click Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Congratulations! You have activated your student email. You can now click on the Mail icon or explore the other options available to you.
Detailed Student Email Activation Video
- If you need more detailed instructions, please view this 4 minute video "Setting Up Your SCTC Student Email Account".
More about my SCTC Student Email
We encourage you to use this account as your primary email account for communicating with the College while you are a student. SCTC will send out important information and news to this account. If you are taking online classes, this account is also used for communicating with your teachers.
You can set up your SCTC Student Email to forward to another email account. However, when communicating with the College or your teachers, you will need to log in to your account and send an email from your Student Email Account.
Your SCTC Student Email address and password is also used as your Single Sign On account for many applications including Banner Web.
Using your SCTC Student Email Address, you are also accessing Office 365. Office 365 gives you full access to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You can also download and install Office 365 on up to 5 devices for free! This service is available as long as you are a registered student.
- If you have any questions, please visit the Student HelpDesk and submit a tech support request.
- If you forget your password and you have not set up the password retrieval system, you will need to create a helpdesk request.
- Tickets are generally answered within 24 hours of submission during the school week. Tickets received after 12 PM on Friday will be answered the following Monday.
- Your student e-mail account is the primary means by which correspondence from the college can be viewed.
If you do not know your student email address, follow these simple steps to look it up:
- Visit Banner Web at http://banner.sctech.edu
- Click on New Students and Alumni
- Login with your Student ID and your default PIN which is your birth date. Use the format mmddyy.
- Click on Personal Information and then click View Email Address
- Your student email address will end in @stu.sctech.edu. Use this address to login or activate your SCTC Student Email.