Refunds and Disbursements
Refund Policy (Return of Payment)
Students withdrawing from a course by the end of the third instructional day of the semester or no shows shall receive 100% refund of applicable tuition and refundable fees, excluding the application fee.
- Students who withdraw from a course after the third instructional day of the semester shall receive no refund and will be responsible for all tuition and fees.
- Although there will be no refund of tuition and fee after the third instructional day, withdrawing students receiving the Federal Pell Grant will have awards adjusted in compliance with the Return to Title IV process outlined in the Federal Student Aid Handbook.
- Refunds for Business or Industry or Continuing Ed courses will be made only when a request for a refund is submitted in writing before the first day of class accompanied by the original receipt.
- A student does not have to request a Refund. All SCTC refunds are processed through the college’s third party servicer, BankMobile. All students must go to the BankMobile website and select how they want to receive their student refund. Once the student has made a refund selection, their refund selection will stay ACTIVE with BankMobile until the student goes back out to the BankMobile website and changes it.
- Classes canceled by Southern Crescent Technical College will be refunded 100%. Application and insurance fees are non-refundable.
BankMobile is the official Southern Crescent Technical College Refund Disbursement Processor. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
All refunds are processed through the BankMobile Disbursement Process. To learn more about the Southern Crescent Technical College partnership with Bank Mobile, you can view our contract here.
REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD CHOSEN FOR YOUR STUDENT REFUND, THE FIRST REFUNDS IN ANY GIVEN SEMESTER WILL BE ISSUED APPROXIMATELY 48 DAYS AFTER THE SEMESTER BEGINS. (Any subsequent refunds due to you, the student, within that semester will be processed approximately every 14 days)
Opt-Out of bookstore credit option
If a student chooses to “opt out” of the bookstore credit, then the student needs to complete the “Request to Opt-Out of Bookstore Credit” form located at the Cashier’s window of the Business Office one week before the start of the semester. These authorizations will be in effect as long as they are active in Banner.
Please note the “opt out” option does NOT allow you to receive your financial aid refund early. The first set of refunds of any given semester are sent to students approximately 48 days after the semester begins.