The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The U.S. Department of Education created a standardized financial aid "Shopping Sheet", which Southern Crescent Technical College (SCTC) is required to share with new undergraduate students who are veterans. This consumer tool was designed by the federal government to help students make informed decisions about higher education and provide families with a tool to compare the Net Cost (total cost minus grants and scholarships) at different institutions. It provides a simplified overview of your financial aid, and should be considered supplemental information to your SCTC Financial Aid Award Letter and Award Letter Guide. The information provided also includes graduation rates, loan default rates, median borrowing and estimated monthly loan payments after graduation.
The federal Shopping Sheet may not include all your awards or resources. It does not include any Veterans Affairs education benefits you may have, including:
- Montgomery GI Bill®
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Federal Tuition AssistanceBefore you can view your Shopping Sheet you must:
- For more information about VA programs, you should contact the VA Coordinator at SCTC at 770-229-3095
- Complete admissions requirements
- Complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You may access your federal Shopping Sheet by logging into BannerWeb.
- Log into BannerWeb
- Select the Student tab
- Select "Financial Aid" from the list on the left side
- Locate the box for Shopping Sheet and select the desired award year from the drop down box, then click on "View Shopping Sheet"
- To print the Shopping Sheet, select Printer Friendly, and then use the browser's print function.
Veterans may visit www. vets.gov to view a generic Shopping. Keep in mind your personal Shopping Sheet will include much more data and details.
Things to keep in mind
- Although the recommended loan amount is zero, you may find the maximum you are eligible to borrow by reading the Loan Application Guide on our Financial Aid Forms website. We recommend conservative borrowing, and encourage students to borrow only as much as they need.
- This information is supplemental to your official SCTC Financial Aid Award Letter. You can see your current financial aid award by logging into BannerWeb.
- The Shopping Sheet was created by the U.S. Department of Education and we are required to provide it to new undergraduate students who are veterans.
- The costs listed are subject to change. If you have not enrolled, you may calculate your charges by multiplying the number of credit hours in which you plan to enroll by the cost per credit hour, as listed on our Fee and Tuition website. If you are already enrolled you may view your actual charges by logging into BannerWeb, select the Student tab, select Billing Information, Select Course and Fee Statement, Select a Term, and then select Generate my Course and Fee Statement.
- The financial aid listed is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements and may also change if you add or drop classes. You may check your financial aid awards by logging into BannerWeb, select the Student tab, select Financial Aid, select Financial Aid Awards, select the Award Year.
- For more information or Questions about Financial Aid www.SCTC.edu/financial-aid finaid@SCTC.edu 770-228-7368 or 706-646-6386