Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Must hold a current Georgia Practical Nursing License and have a minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience
- Any qualified applicant hired without a Train the Trainer Workshop attendance certificate from the Georgia Health partnership must obtain the certificate within 60 days as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor of Science or Associates degree in Nursing from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- Occupational experience (long term care services) must include those competencies, skills and knowledge levels which the candidate is expected to teach and/or manage.
- Have teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Active participation in appropriate professional/occupational organizations
- Excellent human relations skills
- Computer skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Under general supervision, the individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses to achieve program goals and objectives that adhere to state and institutional standards as well as accrediting agency requirements.
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives prescribed in curriculum
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepared required budget request
- Maintains program certification requirements, as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports related to accreditation and state licensing management
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meets with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, administrative, and clinical skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Skill and experience in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System
- Knowledge of and experience using Electronic Medical Record systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education
- Knowledge of academic course standards
- Knowledge of the college’s academic programs
- Skill to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom content
- Skill to make timely decisions
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Only those applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation, pre-employment drug screening, and a motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.