Date Posted: June 23, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in education or related field.
- The Adult Education Teacher is responsible for classroom instruction and evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Prepare and maintain Student Education Plans, lesson plans for classroom instruction and obtains or prepares instructional materials for classroom use
- Provides learner guidance to students
- Evaluates students’ ongoing progress and performance in attaining goals and objectives
- Promotes the adult education program to public and private organizations through the Service Delivery Area of the college
- Participates in EAGLE competition
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
- Plans, organizes and participates in staff development and team conferences
- Maintains a secure classroom environment
- Recruits, supervises and directs classroom volunteers
- Coordinates schedule for teacher substitutes and volunteers
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts
- Skill in the use of computers and job related software
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in interpersonal relations
- Ability to adapt instructional material to fit all learning styles
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of effective instructional methods for adult learners
- Knowledge of community needs within Service Delivery Area
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits; work hours will not exceed 19 hours per week.
- Position contingent upon receiving sufficient funding.
- Applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.