Date Posted: August 6, 2020
- High school diploma or equivalent *and* One (1) year work of related work experience
- Diploma in accounting, marketing, or related field and/or equivalent work experience in retail sales, marketing and merchandising with an emphasis in customer service required.
- Experience in the use of point of sale system and inventory control required.
- Under supervision of Bookstore Manager, operate point of sale system and provide assistance to customers.
- Check and balance cash register receipts
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the bookstore
- Assist with sales and promotional activities
- Assist with conducting inventory
- May calculate and post bookstore charges
- Perform general clerical duties as assigned
- Ability to understand the relationship between student information and financial systems
- Ability to work independently
- Skill in the operation of cash registers, computers and job related software programs
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Oral and written communication skills.
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits.
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.