Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) or one (1) years qualifying child care experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have current evidence of successful completion of a biennial training program in CPR and a triennial training program in first aid which have been offered by certified or licensed health care professionals and which dealt with the provision of emergency care to infants and children if the caregiver is to be as part of the 50% of the child care staff with the required current evidence of CPR and first aid training
- Not be suffering from any physical handicap or mental health disorder, which would interfere with the person’s ability to perform assigned job duties adequately
- Not have a criminal record
- Never have been found by credible evidence, e.g. a court or jury, a department investigation or other reliable evidence to have abused, neglected or deprived a child or adult or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct
- (In addition to minimum qualifications) Child Development Associates degree or a four-year degree in a related field and one year experience as a Pre-K teacher at a child care facility.
- Prefer creative curriculum training.
- The Child Enrichment Center Teacher is responsible for planning, preparing and implementing developmentally appropriate activities for children attending a child enrichment center at a technical college.
- Plans, prepares and implements developmentally appropriate activities
- Observes and evaluates individual children. Requests and maintains assigned classroom supplies, materials and equipment
- Assists children with meeting and maintaining individual physical needs
- Assists with meal preparation, feeding children and play activities
- Operates a motor vehicle to transport children on field trips and other activities
- Provides appropriate information to and/or participates in team conferences
- Observes all policies and procedures established by Southern Crescent Technical College, the Technical College System of Georgia, the Department of Human Resources Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Office of School Readiness and the Center of Disease Control’s universal precautions
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
- Oral and written communication skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- This is a part-time position and does not include insurance benefits.
- Work hours will not exceed 29 hours per week.
- Applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation, pre-employment drug screen, and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.