Date Posted: August 24, 2020
- Food service experience not necessary, will train
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly organized, strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Efficiently operate cash register
- Ability to maintain uniform attire
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor when interacting with customers
- Under instructor and Lab assistant supervision, performs simple food preparation tasks such as making salads, sandwiches, carving meats and brewing coffee
- Plans work orders so that items are served together and finished at the same time
- Cooks food items requiring short preparation times
- Develops good customer service skills in taking orders
- Inputs orders in a POS system
- Accepts cash payments and make correct change.
- Students will be responsible for balancing their cash drawer and held accountable for any cash shortages.
- Maintains cleanliness according to Health Department requirements for all food preparation areas, refrigerators and equipment, as well as counters and tables
- Provides assistance with receiving and stocking supplies
- Must be able to purchase $25 SCTC chef uniform
- Must take and accept direction and feedback from supervisors and follows through appropriately
- Attendance, punctuality & excellent customer skills are a must; calls in according to policy when arriving late for work or when absent; observes policies on break and lunch periods; uses work time appropriately. Documentation must be provided to excuse absences.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and assume responsibility; seeks out and accepts increased responsibility; displays a “can do” approach to work.
- Problem solving: to be able to deal with obstacles and pressure; seeks alternative solutions to problems and have personal initiative to prevent them in the first place.
HOURS – 6:00 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Lisa Mobley
Pay Rate: $10.00
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.