Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- A current Esthetician and/or a current Master Cosmetologist License from the State of Georgia and an Esthetics certificate or Cosmetology Diploma with a minimum five (5) years of work experience in Esthetics or Cosmetology with advanced skin care experience.
- An associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Three (3) years of work experience in Esthetics/Cosmetology Instructor Esthetician and/or Instructor Cosmetologist License from the State of Georgia
- Professional/occupational organizations skills; excellent communication skills and experience in online instruction (Blackboard Learn) preferred
- The Esthetician/Cosmetology Instructor will be responsible for fulfilling both teaching and non-teaching activities necessary to sustain an educational program that prepares students for careers in advanced skin care.
- Travel to multiple campuses and centers will be required.
- Work well in the classroom and in supervising students at practicum or internship sites
- Be able to develop and evaluate lesson plans
- Direct and assess students’ progress in achieving required competencies; recruitment; advisement, records retention, departmental meetings, maintenance of required professional development
- Handle administrative responsibilities related to academic duties.
- Adherence to institutional and TCSG standards as well as accrediting agency requirements
- Will be required to provide student advisement, recruitment, and retention services, and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education
- Knowledge of academic course standards
- Knowledge of the college’s academic programs
- Skill to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom content
- Skill to make timely decisions
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Oral and written communication skills.
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits; work hours will not exceed 29 per week. Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
Applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position. The candidate selected for this position must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.