Date Posted: August 12, 2020
- Any combination of training and experience which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
- (In addition to the minimum qualifications)
- At least six months experience performing custodial duties preferred
- Applicants with High School diploma or GED preferred
- Candidates with floor care scrubbers and propane burnisher experience preferred
- Maintenance experience preferred
- A valid Georgia driver’s license and good motor vehicle record is strongly preferred.
- Under general supervision, maintain proper care of technical college facilities
- Perform a variety of routine duties such as thoroughly cleaning restrooms and fixtures, moving furniture, setting up chairs, tables, and podiums for special events and college functions, floor care (floor stripping, waxing, carpet cleaning)
- May provide care and routine maintenance of grounds
- May distribute and maintain materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.