Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- No prior experience required
- Excellent computer skills and/or POS system
- A diploma from a regionally accredited private or public post-secondary college in Culinary Arts (or customer service related field) or two years of work experience in the food service industry, and “Serve-Safe” certified
- Excellent organizational skills in handling purchasing and receiving food items; experience filing invoices and completing money deposits
- Taking inventory and placing orders with vendors; filling invoices into two categories (classroom supplies versus live work program); preparing case register drawers, counting money and making deposits
- Responsible for the preparation and serving of a variety of food items to students, staff, and visitors in the Crescent Café
- Checks menu daily for list of items to be prepared; Serves food items at scheduled mealtimes according to standardized procedures
- Assists in preparing meals for banquets, civic groups, receptions, etc., when requested
- Prepares special diets for students when requested
- Monitors appropriate temperature of hot/cold items
- Follows safety food handling procedures to ensure the health and safety of customers
- Operates and maintains food service equipment
- Reports maintenance needs to the supervisor immediately
- Assists in stocking shelf items, freezer, and coolers as items are received
- Operates dishwasher for cleaning and sanitizing pots, pans, dishes, trays, and utensils
- Cleans tables and chairs and removes trash
- Performs cashier duties; collects money and gives change to customers; Operates credit/debit card machine.
- Applicant must have competent knowledge of basic food safety practices for preparing and serving hot food
- Knowledge of personal hygiene; knowledge of proper cleaning methods and uses of the correct chemicals
- Knowledge of cash register operation
- Skill in interpersonal relations and dealing with the public
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits.
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Only those who are scheduled for an interview will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.