Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Applicant must have a master’s degree in Sociology or hold a master’s degree and a minimum of 18-semester or 30-quarter graduate hours in Sociology from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are preferred
- Prior teaching or training experience at the post-secondary level is preferred.
- Experience with Blackboard/Angel and Office 2007 is also preferred.
- This individual will be responsible for teaching Sociology courses in the Arts & Sciences department.
- Under general supervision, prepares lesson plans for classroom and online instruction
- Develops syllabi; evaluates students’ progress in attaining outcomes
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Only those who are scheduled for an interview will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.