Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Must possess and maintain a welding certification and/or a welding professional credential
- In addition, must have (3) three years of welding/joining work experience
- Associate’s degree in Welding and Joining Technology or a related field from an accredited technical or community college or university
- In addition, must have five (5) years of work experience as a welder/joiner
- Work experience should include the competencies, skills and knowledge level needed to provide technical instruction
- Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credentials for the positions
- Basic computer skills required
- Good interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Under general supervision, instructs and supervises students in Welding and Joining Technology
- Develops program and course outlines, goals and objectives
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares required budget requests
- Maintains program certification requirements as appropriate
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts
- Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education
- Knowledge of academic course standards
- Knowledge of the college’s academic programs
- Skill to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom content
- Skill to make timely decisions
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits.
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Only those who are interviewed will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.