Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Applicant must have successfully completed the welding courses applicable to the Welding Lab Assistant position.
- Must possess a diploma in Welding Technology or related field from an accredited technical or community college or university
- One(1) or more years welding experience
- Good interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- The Welding Laboratory Assistant works under the direct supervision of faculty members and performs routine standardized laboratory work requiring close attention to detailed procedures in the preparation and basic maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment, inventory and requisition of supplies, assisting faculty in supervision of students assigned to laboratories, and other related duties and is employed on an individual academic term basis.
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, adherence to safety procedures, tracking attendance and other miscellaneous tasks related to instruction
- Tutor or mentor students
- Perform laboratory research
- Clean labs as needed
- Obtain materials needed for classes, including texts and other materials
- Ability to research technical issues
- Ability to learn new software and hardware applications
- Ability to manage time
- Quality management skills
- Customer service skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- This is a part-time position without insurance benefits.
- Work hours will not exceed 29 per week.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Only those who are scheduled for an interview will be notified of the status of the position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.