International Student Admission
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) currently does not authorize Southern Crescent Technical College to issue student visas. Applicants who are permanent residents or who qualify under refugee or asylee status are exempt from obtaining M-1 visas to attend college.
To gain consideration for admission, applicants must:
1. Submit the College’s application for admission with a (non-refundable) $25 one-time application fee. Make payable with U.S. currency, a credit card, a money order, or a check issued by a bank in the United States.
2. Submit valid placement program test scores (ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, ASSET, SAT, ACT). Test scores must be less than five (5) years old.
3. Verification of Lawful Presence. Please click here for additional details.
4. Proof of Residency. Please click here for additional details.
5. Provide official English translations of all secondary and post-secondary records and evaluations of those records by an approved independent evaluation service. (The addresses, applications, and information on the approved companies that provide evaluation services of foreign transcripts are available from the Student Affairs Office.) Applicants must pay the costs of having their records translated and/or evaluated. At a minimum, applicants must have the equivalent of a high school diploma. After applicants submit this documentation, the Student Affairs Office will evaluate their application material.
6. Apply HERE! The (non-refundable) application fee must be made before the application can be submitted online
International Student Tuition
International students will be charged tuition at a rate of four times that of in-state tuition. All fees, other than tuition, remain the same. *Fees are subject to change without notice.
Suggested translation agencies:
WES (World Education Services) Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Documentation Center International Education Consultants
Bowling Green Station 7101 SW 102 Avenue
P. O. Box 5087 Miami, FL 33173
New York, NY 10274-5087 http://www.jsilny.org
http://www.wes.org (305) 273-1616