The sections below will guide you step-by-step through the application process. We want to make this process as simple and easy as possible for you.
Click on each step to expand that section for more details.
There are many ways for your convenience to apply to our college:
- Online: Complete the Online Application
- Print: Download, print, and fill out the Application (PDF) and mail, fax, or email it.
- Mail: 501 Varsity Rd. Griffin GA 30223
- Fax: 770-229-3227
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: You are also welcome to visit one of our campus locations and fill it out in person. We will be glad to assist you.
We are excited that you are interested in our great college.
Pay the Application Fee
The application fee is $25. (non-refundable).
- Former students application fee is waived.
There are various ways to make your payment:
- Online: Pay online after completing the application (fastest service).
- In Person: Pay in person by visiting the Admissions Office at one of our many campus locations.
- By Phone: Pay by phone.
- (770) 228-7275
If you have any questions about the application or admissions feel free to email email@example.com or contact us at 770-228-7348.
Complete the FAFSA
To receive any financial aid you must complete the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Southern Crescent’s School Code is: 005621
This application is required for the Pell Grant, HOPE Grant, HOPE Scholarship, Student Access Loan, and other financial assistance programs.
Individuals may apply for financial aid BEFORE being before accepted to the College.
If you would like to learn more about what financial aid may be available to you, visit our Financial Aid Page.
Complete a 'HOPE Scholarship Evaluation Request Form'
If you are enrolling in an Associate’s Degree program please complete the "Hope Scholarship Evaluation Request Form"
The request form is not available for completion online. Download, print and submit to the Registrar’s Office at any SCTC location.
- Hope Scholarship Evaluation Request Form. This form is for degree seeking students who seek evaluation for the HOPE Scholarship.
High School Transcripts
To request your high school transcripts
- Contact your high school or Board of Education
- Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope
To request GED Transcripts:
- Georgia GED transcripts: Contact TCSG or use their GED Transcript request form.
- For Out of State GED transcripts refer to GED website.
If you have attended college before, you are required to send in all college transcripts. To request your college transcripts:
- Please contact your former college for instructions.
- Many colleges use online transcript services. Check with your college to find out.
NOTE: Students with diplomas from any secondary or post-secondary schools located outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated for equivalency by an approved outside evaluation organization and that official translation must be received in Admissions.
About Our Testing Services
Having your test scores helps us make sure we give you the best chance of success. The Technical College System of Georgia is committed to assisting each student to achieve at their maximum potential.
All students applying for diploma, degree, and certificate programs must be assessed prior to acceptance to a program of study at a Technical College.
We accept the following tests:
The test must be within five years of testing date. If you require special accommodations during testing, you must self-disclose and request those accommodations with the Special Services Coordinator. In order to assure timely provision of services, students should self-disclose as soon as they are accepted.
If you are a former Southern Crescent student or attended a regional accredited institution, and you completed a College English or College Algebra course and received a grade of C or better, you are not required to take the ACCUPLACER test.
ACCUPLACER is a suite of tests that determines your knowledge in math, reading and writing as you prepare to enroll in college-level courses. ACCUPLACER is used to identify your strengths and weaknesses in each subject area and to help you improve your skills through interactive online learning tools. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your goals and interests, are used by academic advisors to place you in the appropriate college courses.
COMPANION are paper-and-pencil format tests for students who choose not use the computer-based test. The paper-and-pencil COMPANION tests have been designed to use the same score scales as the computer-adaptive tests in ACCUPLACER.
For more information about testing, see our Testing Page.
|Flint River Campus:
|Henry County Center:
|Jasper County Center:
|Butts County Center:
To qualify for in-state tuition Southern Crescent requires all students to provide:
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (Citizenship)
- Proof of Georgia residency
Verification of Lawful Presence (Citizenship)
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States:
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- Any valid drivers’ license or ID card from a state that verifies lawful presence in the U.S.
Please see the Lawful Presence page for details and full list of acceptable documents.
Proof of Georgia Residency (to qualify for in-state tuition rate)
To be classified as an in-state student for tuition purposes, an individual must show that he/she has been a legal resident of Georgia for a period of no less than 12 months immediately preceding the date of registration.
We can use one or more of the following to verify in state residence:
- Georgia Driver’s License
- Voter Registration card
- Auto Registration
- Georgia State Tax Form (GA 500 form- long form)
- Utility Bill
- Mortgage Agreement
- Lease Agreement
Please see our Residency Policy for details and full list of acceptable proof of residency documentation.
All Lawful Presence and Georgia Residency Documents can be mailed to:
501 Varsity Road
Griffin, GA 30223
|Flint River Campus
1533 Highway 19 South
Thomaston, GA 30286
You must attend an orientation before you can register for classes. Orientation will teach you things you need to know to be successful at the college as well as talk about the different services we offer to students.
If you are an online only student, you can take the online orientation.
An orientation session is mandatory for all new students prior to registering for classes. The orientation session provides an opportunity for students to become familiar with college administrators and policies and procedures.
Click HERE to view an electronic copy of the Orientation Guide in PDF format.