Southern Crescent Technical College is a regionally accredited Institution of Higher Learning and approved to participate and administer Veteran’s Education Assistance programs.
Our faculty and staff are proud to assist veterans, military members, dependents and spouses in furthering their education. Veterans and survivors or dependents of veterans may be eligible for educational benefits through the Veteran Administration (VA) and active duty service members and their spouses may be eligible for tuition assistance. We are here to assist you and help you navigate through the process.
These are just a few of programs offered at Southern Crescent Technical College that offer opportunities for veterans to transition from military service to train for a career:
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Logistics Management
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Medical Services
Principles of Excellence —
The Principles of Excellence are designed to ensure a fulfilling educational experience, providing you with personal and professional development opportunities to assist in your military career and your transition to the civilian workforce. Furthermore, the principles protect service members from predatory and misleading behavior from educational institutions.
Guidelines for educational institutions
The Principles of Excellence provide guidelines for education institutions participating in the federal tuition assistance program and require institutions to provide the following information:
- Total cost of an educational program
- Prevention of abusive and deceptive recruiting practices
- High-quality academic and student support services for military students
- Re-admittance procedures for students temporarily unable to attend class or having to suspend studies because of military service obligations
- Approval from the institution's accrediting agency for new courses and program offerings prior to enrolling
- School's policy for returning unearned tuition assistance funds as stated by Title IV
- Plans for students using federal military tuition assistance and veteran educational benefits
- Designated points of contact for academic and financial advising
Post-secondary educational institutions that have signed a memorandum of understanding with the Department of Defense will have acknowledged these requirements, which are aligned with the Principles of Excellence.
Visit the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Memorandum of Understanding website to see if your school is on the list.