Welcome to Southern Crescent Technical College Libraries
Imagine. Discover. Connect.
We invite you to visit the library often (in both its physical and virtual locations), to explore the wealth of resources we provide, and to take advantage of the services that we offer. We are confident that you will find our library collections and services valuable.
Flipster is a next-generation digital magazine distribution service where users can access their favorite magazines from a variety of publishers through their local libraries via a web browser or custom apps made specifically for the iPad or iPad mini, Android devices, or the Kindle Fire tablet, and download magazines to read offline, anytime, anywhere.
How do I access Flipster off campus or on my mobile device?
Here are the basic steps for reading magazines with Flipster either online or through the Flipster app.
- Visit Southern Crescent Technical College Flipster collection at https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=eon
- If you are off campus, enter "scre" for both Username and Password
- Select a magazine
- The magazine will open and you can enjoy the full-color magazine in your internet browser
You can access Flipster from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the Internet. Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work on your computer with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 28+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 33+
- If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary.
- The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing. Currently a mobile app is available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
- Using your device’s internet browser, go to Flipster (https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=eon) and tap on a magazine to read. The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
- Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
- Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read.
Please contact us if you're experiencing difficulty, firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-229-4755.
What is the GALILEO password off campus?
The GALILEO password changes every semester. Contact the library staff for current password.
Can't find the materials you need in the Southern Crescent Libraries' collection? Don't worry - through Interlibrary Loan, we can still request a copy of the resource you need from another Georgia library.
The process is easy! Fill out the Interlibrary Loan Request form below. If the item you request is available, it will be sent to the SCTC pickup location of your choice within 1 - 2 weeks.
Current students have borrowing privileges with Clayton State University and Gordon State College, you may visit their libraries during our closed hours. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Do you have WiFi?
The College has WiFi access, and you are welcome to use your laptop in the Libraries. For assistance connecting, ask at the desk.
Where can I make copies? How much does it cost?
A photocopier is available in the Griffin and Flint River campus libraries. For copy help, ask at the desk. Copies are 10 cents per page.
How do I print?
Printing is managed by a print management system called VendPrint. There is no charge for the first 100 pages of printing. After 100 pages, students must pay $.10 per page to print. Check with Library staff if you need help with printing.
How to Print Using VendPrint
- From the program you are working in, click File>Print.
- Click the Print
- Fill in the empty fields in the yellow pop-up box and click Send. A confirmation box will pop up. Click OK and go to the release station.
- At the release station, you will see the VendPrint Login. Type in your student ID number (900 number) and type your birthday for the password (MMDDYY). Then click Login.
- When your print job appears (this may take several seconds), click in the box in front of the print job, then click the Start Printing button. Finally, click Log Out. Retrieve your print job at the printer.
How do I check out items from the libraries?
To check out any materials you must have a valid current student ID. Books are checked out for 8 weeks, DVDs for 1 week, and no overdue fines are charged. If you fail to return any items, a hold will be placed on your account in Banner. You will then not be allowed to register for the next semester, check your final grades, or receive a transcript until you have returned the items.
What is the procedure for getting, updating or replacing a Student ID?
Student IDs are made in the Libraries. New students will receive their first ID free of charge. If the ID is lost or stolen, there is a $5.00 replacement fee. Please bring the receipt paid and your current class schedule.
Griffin: You need to pay at the Business Office
Flint: You need to pay at the Cashier window
Henry: You need to pay at the Front Desk
When you come to the Library to get your Student ID please have your current class schedule.
Returning students, please present your Student ID and current class schedule and the Library staff will update with a current sticker.
What is the password to log in to the computers?
The Library student computers are password protected and the password changes each semester. To get the current password, show your current Student ID to the Library staff at the circulation desk. You will receive a computer policy and password. Do not share your password!!
What can I do when the library is closed?
You can access all of our digital collections and libguides online. You can visit your local Public Library. You can also visit Clayton State University Library and Gordon State College library with a valid student ID.
What is the Lending Library?
Southern Crescent Technical College provides assurances that individuals who are members of special populations will be provided with equal access to the full range of technical programs. One such service that is offered to assist individuals is text book and tool lending.
Please apply here.
What is Credo Reference?
Credo Reference provides full-text online access to hundreds of multidisciplinary reference book collections, including art, history, law, medicine, psychology, technology, bilingual dictionaries and encyclopedias. Click here to learn more!
Semester Operating Hours
Griffin Campus Library:
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 8pm
Closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Flint River Campus Library:
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Henry Center Computer Lab:
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 7pm
Closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
We encourage you to visit your local Public Library during our closed hours.
501 Varsity Road|Griffin Georgia 30223| 770-412-4755 | email@example.com
As set forth in full in the Student Handbook/Course Catalog, Southern Crescent Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.