- June 19 – Summer Semester Withdrawal Deadline
- July 3 – July 6 – No Classes
- July 4 – All Locations Closed
- July 18 – July 21 – Summer 8 Week Semester Finals
- July 26 – ROAR 5:30pm – 7:30pm (Griffin Campus)
- July 27 – ROAR 8:00am – 10:00am (Griffin Campus)
- August 1 – August 4 – Summer 10 Week Semester Finals
Around The Campus
Eagle, GOAL, and Rick Perkins Awards
Hours and Menu for the week
- June 4th – June 7th
Chili available daily
menu items today
*All Beef Taco’s*
Wednesday, June 6
White Chicken Chili
Spaghetti with Meat sauce
Closed lunch for
Summer Semester Business Hours
- Breakfast: 8 am—9:45 am
- Lunch: 11 am—1 pm
- CLOSED: FRIDAY
- Dr. Alvetta Thomas is pleased to announce the recent appointment of Merry Heath to the College’s Board of Directors. Heath was sworn in by Spalding County Probate Judge Jan Hunt at the May 10th meeting. Heath currently serves as the Chief Nursing Officer at Piedmont Fayette Hospital and will represent Fayette County on the board.
- Thomaston-based Community Enterprises, Inc., recently made a $5,000 donation to the Southern Crescent Technical College Foundation to support the start of an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program on the Flint River Campus. Read More.
- TIGER TRANSIT HAS ARRIVED! Students can dial 4491 from any phone on campus or 770.467.4491 for a free campus shuttle. This service is for the Griffin and Flint River Campus and operates Monday-Thursday 7:30am – 10:30pm. The transit is handicap and wheel chair accessible.
OUT OF STOCK BOOKS:
(Format: Title-Expected Date)
FILM 1030-05/24 (requested late 5/21)
BOOKSTORE EXTENDED HOURS:
May 21 – May 22: 8am to 6pm
Normal store hours beginning May 23: 8:30am-4pm M-Thursday & 8am-12 Friday
Normal Store hours: 8am-6:30pm M-Thursday & 8am-12 Friday
Note: June 7th: Last Day for all types of FA for both campus bookstores
New Employees Information
Welcome to Southern Crescent Technical College, here you will find everything you need to get started as a new employee of the College.
All new employees are required to participate in New Employee Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
All New Hire Forms and Documents must be completed and processed through Human Resources within the first 30 days of employment. If Benefits documents are not received within 30 days of employment, you will not be eligible to participate in the State Health Benefit Plan or Flexible Benefits provided through GABreeze.
Please return all documents to the Human Resources Office, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin GA or 1533 Highway 19 South, Thomaston, GA.
Welcome Our New Employees
|Annita White||Adviser, Career|
|Rachel Johnson||Specialist, Accounting|
SCTC Job Postings
|Job Title||Display Location|
|Dental Assisting Clinical Coordinator-Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Practical Nursing Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Technology Support Specialist||Flint River Campus|
|Job Title||Display Location|
|Adult Education Substitute Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Air Conditioning Technology Instructor||Flint River Campus|
|Art Appreciation Instructor||Griffin Campus & Henry County Center|
|Automotive Technology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Clinical Nursing Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Commercial Truck Driving Instructor||Butts County Center|
|Commercial Truck Driving Instructor||Flint River Campus, Butts County Center|
|Commercial Truck Driving Instructor Economic Development||Flint River Campus, Butts County Center|
|Computer Information Systems Instructor||Multiple Campus locations|
|Cosmetology Instructor||Multiple Campus locations|
|Economics Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Educational Aide – Adult Education||Multiple Campus locations|
|Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Professional Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Film Production Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Film Technology – Lighting and Electric Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Health Care Management Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Humanities Instructor||Griffin Campus, Henry County Center|
|Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Instructor||Henry County Center|
|Industrial Systems Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Machine Tool Technology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Medical Assisting Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Phlebotomy Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Physics Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Psychology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Surgical Technology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Welding Lab Assistant||Jasper County Center|
For more information on available positions or to apply, please visit Application Policy Procedures.
- Employees MUST submit travel within 60 days of trip completion to prevent travel reimbursement from being reported as taxable income.
- The system will flag a traveler’s expense report with lots of warnings, such as the exceptions shown above!
- These exceptions only serve as warnings, they do not prevent report submission and no one is keeping track of the number of report exceptions an employee has received.
- Be prepared to see these warnings before actually reaching the 30 or 45 day mark. We are aware the system is doing this, this will not prevent you from submitting your report.
Safety Tip of the Week
- Never leave personal property unattended in your classroom . Take your possessions with you.
|Emergency Contact Numbers|
|Fire, Police, Ambulance||911|
|Campus Police Dispatch Center|
|Officer on Duty Contacts|
|Griffin Campus||(770) 883-6032|
|Flint River Campus||(678) 603-5979|
|Butts Center||(678) 603-6918|
|Henry Center||(678) 603-5609|
|Jasper Center||(678) 603-5948|
Over the last 90 days, Top 10
|/ (Front Page)||234,804(21.12%)|
|/currentstudents/ … /online-resources/blackboard-lms/||127,387(11.46%)|
|/futurestudents/ … /online-orientation-form/||12,187(1.10%)|
Data tracking the path users take on our website also shows that a large percentage of users take one of the following 2 paths:
- Front Page, Current Students, Blackboard
- Current Students, Blackboard
A number of students also likely have the Blackboard login page bookmarked and only visit the Front Page, or Current Students if they are seeking a page other than Blackboard. Nonetheless, the 18.99% Page Views for Current Students is quite high considering the total number of different pages we have that are being viewed. The Current Students landing/front page should probably be considered an area to make important information for students more prominent. If you have any ideas let me know email@example.com.
Accessibility Do’s and Don’t
In Office documents:
Do: Use tables to represent tabular data in word documents, and other office documents like PowerPoint.
Example of formatting using a table: (This is example data for illustration purposes, not actual events)
|Event Example||Day Example||Time Example||Location Example|
|Student Achievement Luncheon||Monday, April 2nd, 2018||10:00am||Library|
|Book Buyback||Wednesday, April 11th, 2018||1:00pm||Bookstore|
|Public Speaking Tips||Thursday, April 18th, 2018||2:00pm||Event Center|
|Graduation Workshop||Tuesday, April 24th, 2018||10:00am||Event Center|
|Math Tutoring||Monday, April 30th, 2018||11:00am||Tutoring Center|
Don’t: Use tabs to align tabular data. Using tabs to format data is exclusively a convention to help people see the data. This doesn’t help anyone who can’t see the alignment structure. To support assistive technology, an actual table with cells and headers should be used. Tables are also easier to visually process compared to tab aligned formatting.
How-To: In your Office document go to the “Insert” tab and select “Table”. You can either define a number of rows and columns or you can insert a table from an existing Excel document.