Around The Campus
Student Appreciation Day, Flint River Campus
Hours and Menu for the week.
- Breakfast: Monday—Friday, 8 am—10 am
- Lunch : Monday—Thursday, 11:15 am—1:30 pm
- Chili available daily. Come by to see desserts of the Week
Chili available daily
Regular Menu Items
Mexican Corn Chowder
*All Beef Taco’s*
Wednesday, April 25
8:30 am—9: 45 am
Vegetable Beef Soup
Pasta Action Station
Traditional Tomato Sauce
Blackened Fish Taco’s
- Blood Drive: Join us on the Griffin Campus Wednesday, April 25 from 10am-3pm for a Blood Drive. To schedule an appointment visit redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code SCTC. The blood drive is being held in the Medical Technology Building in Room 101.
- TIGER TRANSIT HAS ARRIVED! Students can dial 4491 from any phone on campus or 770.467.4491 for a free campus shuttle. This service is for the Griffin and Flint River Campus and operates Monday-Thursday 7:30am – 10:30pm. The transit is handicap and wheel chair accessible.
- Spring Graduation Workshops and Cap and Gown Pickup dates have been announced. Students planning to participate in the May Graduation are required to attend one workshop prior to picking up their cap and gown. (Spring Graduation Workshops pickups PDF)
New Employees Information
Welcome to Southern Crescent Technical College, here you will find everything you need to get started as a new employee of the College.
All new employees are required to participate in New Employee Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
All New Hire Forms and Documents must be completed and processed through Human Resources within the first 30 days of employment. If Benefits documents are not received within 30 days of employment, you will not be eligible to participate in the State Health Benefit Plan or Flexible Benefits provided through GABreeze.
Please return all documents to the Human Resources Office, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin GA or 1533 Highway 19 South, Thomaston, GA.
Welcome Our New Employees
|Dr. Stephen Pearce||Vice President, Academic Affairs|
SCTC Job Postings
|Job Title||Display Location|
|Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ASN) Program Instructor||Griffin Campus & Henry County Center|
|Early Childhood Care & Education Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Job Title||Display Location|
|Academic Tutor||Flint River Campus|
|Adult Education Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Automotive Technology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Clinical Nursing Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Commercial Truck Driving Instructor||Flint River Campus, Butts County Center|
|Commercial Truck Driving Instructor – Economic Development||Flint River Campus, Butts County Center|
|Cosmetology Instructor||Multiple Campus locations|
|Culinary Arts Lab Assistant||Griffin Campus|
|Economics Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Film Production Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Film Technology – Lighting and Electric Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Health Care Management Instructor||Griffin Campus, Flint River Campus, Henry County Center|
|Industrial Systems Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Library Assistant||Henry County Center|
|Library Assistant||Flint River Campus|
|Machine Tool Technology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Math Tutor||Griffin Campus|
|Political Science – American Government Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Psychology Instructor||Griffin Campus|
|Public Speaking Instructor||Multiple Campus Locations|
|Security Officer||Griffin Campus|
|Welding Lab Assistant||Jasper County Center|
For more information on available positions or to apply, please visit Application Policy Procedures.
- Employees MUST submit travel within 60 days of trip completion to prevent travel reimbursement from being reported as taxable income.
- The system will flag a traveler’s expense report with lots of warnings, such as the exceptions shown above!
- These exceptions only serve as warnings, they do not prevent report submission and no one is keeping track of the number of report exceptions an employee has received.
- Be prepared to see these warnings before actually reaching the 30 or 45 day mark. We are aware the system is doing this, this will not prevent you from submitting your report.
Safety Tip of the Week
- Never leave personal property unattended in your classroom . Take your possessions with you.
|Emergency Contact Numbers|
|Fire, Police, Ambulance||911|
|Campus Police Dispatch Center|
|Officer on Duty Contacts|
|Griffin Campus||(770) 883-6032|
|Flint River Campus||(678) 603-5979|
|Butts Center||(678) 603-6918|
|Henry Center||(678) 603-5609|
|Jasper Center||(678) 603-5948|
Over the last 90 days, Top 10
|/ (Front Page)||234,804(21.12%)|
|/currentstudents/ … /online-resources/blackboard-lms/||127,387(11.46%)|
|/futurestudents/ … /online-orientation-form/||12,187(1.10%)|
Data tracking the path users take on our website also shows that a large percentage of users take one of the following 2 paths:
- Front Page, Current Students, Blackboard
- Current Students, Blackboard
A number of students also likely have the Blackboard login page bookmarked and only visit the Front Page, or Current Students if they are seeking a page other than Blackboard. Nonetheless, the 18.99% Page Views for Current Students is quite high considering the total number of different pages we have that are being viewed. The Current Students landing/front page should probably be considered an area to make important information for students more prominent. If you have any ideas let me know email@example.com.
Accessibility Do’s and Don’t
In Office documents:
Do: Use tables to represent tabular data in word documents, and other office documents like PowerPoint.
Example of formatting using a table: (This is example data for illustration purposes, not actual events)
|Event Example||Day Example||Time Example||Location Example|
|Student Achievement Luncheon||Monday, April 2nd, 2018||10:00am||Library|
|Book Buyback||Wednesday, April 11th, 2018||1:00pm||Bookstore|
|Public Speaking Tips||Thursday, April 18th, 2018||2:00pm||Event Center|
|Graduation Workshop||Tuesday, April 24th, 2018||10:00am||Event Center|
|Math Tutoring||Monday, April 30th, 2018||11:00am||Tutoring Center|
Don’t: Use tabs to align tabular data. Using tabs to format data is exclusively a convention to help people see the data. This doesn’t help anyone who can’t see the alignment structure. To support assistive technology, an actual table with cells and headers should be used. Tables are also easier to visually process compared to tab aligned formatting.
How-To: In your Office document go to the “Insert” tab and select “Table”. You can either define a number of rows and columns or you can insert a table from an existing Excel document.