Dual Enrollment Medical Office Support Technician
The Dual Enrollment Medical Office Support Technician program provides learning opportunities which introduce, develop, and reinforce academic and occupational knowledge, skills and attitudes required in today's medical offices. Medical Administrative Assistants answer the telephone and keep records of callers, schedule appointments, greet patients, and interview patients to gain needed information. All courses within the program apply to the Medical Assisting Diploma program and MAST coursework also applies toward the Medical Assisting Diploma.
- Major Code: DE31
- Award Level: Certificate
- Location: COI and GRCCA Sites
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 11
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual's path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: Enrollment in this program is restricted to Dual Enrollment students. For more information about Dual Enrollment, please speak to the Recruitment Services office at (770)229-3065.
While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|ALHS 1040||Introduction to Health Care||3|
|ALHS 1090||Medical Terminology for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|MAST 1010||Legal and Ethical Concerns in the Medical Office||2|
|MAST 1060||Medical Office Procedures||4|
Career and Academic Planning