PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR ENROLLMENT. CONTACT ALLIED HEALTH FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This program is designed to provide both didactic and laboratory training for entry-level personnel in the basics of polysomnographic technology. Students will become familiar with medical terminology, instrumentation setup and calibration, recording and monitoring techniques, documentation, professional issues, and patient technologist interactions related to polysomnographic technology. Laboratory sessions will provide practical experience in the skills required of an entry-level polysomnographic technologist. Program graduates are eligible to sit for the Comprehensive Registry Exam in Polysomnographic Technology (RPSGT) or Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS).
- Major Code: PT61
- Award Level: Certificate
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 18
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to be admitted.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope. Must have proof of CRT or RRT by showing the copy of certificates or copy of Respiratory Care Practitioner License (RCP)
Applicants must meet general admissions requirements as well as the following minimum requirements. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|RESP 1310||Introduction to Polysomnography||4|
|RESP 1340||Clinic I||2|
|RESP 1330||Polysomnography II||5|
|RESP 1350||Clinic II||2|