Applied Technical Management
The AAS in Applied Technical Management allows a student to prepare for positions in business that require general skills along with technical proficiency. The student will obtain degree-level general education knowledge and businessrelated skills in addition to the knowledge obtained in a diploma program.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: AS33
- Award Level: Associate of Applied Science
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: Diploma program, plus 3 terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 68
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
Students must have completed a diploma to receive this degree.
Note: This degree is not available as a dual-major for Business Management students. The course requirements are similar for both degrees, and students cannot receive two degrees for the same courses.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|First Term||MGMT 1100||Principles of Management||3|
|ENGL 1101||Composition and Rhetoric||3|
|Social/Behavioral Science elective - choose one||3|
|ECON 1101, PSYC 1101, SOCI 1101, POLS 1101, OR HIST 2111|
|Second Term||MGMT 1105||Organizational Management||3|
|Natural Sciences/Mathematics elective - choose one||3|
|MATH 1111, MATH 1112, MATH 1101, OR MATH 1113|
|Humanities/Fine Arts elective - choose one||3|
|HUMN 1101, MUSC 1101, ARTS 1101, ENGL 2130, OR THEA 1101|
|Third Term||ACCT 1100||Financial Accounting I||4|
|MGMT 2125||Performance Management||3|
|Specific Occupational elective - choose one||3|
|ACCT 2140||Legal Environment of Business, OR|
|MGMT 1110||Employment Rules & Regulations|
|General Core elective - Choose from Area I, II, III, or IV||3|