Computerized Accounting Specialist
The Computerized Accounting Specialist program provides students with skills needed to perform a variety of accounting applications using accounting software and practical accounting procedures. Topics include principles of accounting, computerized accounting, spreadsheet fundamentals and basic computers.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: CAY1
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 21
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
To ensure that students graduate with current skills in Accounting, the following courses must be taken five years prior to graduation:
- ACCT 1115—Computerized Accounting
- ACCT 1120—Spreadsheet Applications
- ACCT 1125— Individual Tax Accounting
- ACCT 1130—Payroll Accounting
Courses transferred from other colleges also follow the five year rule.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|First Term||ACCT 1100||Financial Accounting I||4|
|Choose One: Required|
|COLL 1500||College Success and Career Exploration||3|
|COMP 1000||Introduction to Computers||3|
|Second Term||ACCT 1105||Financial Accounting II||4|
|ACCT 1115||Computerized Accounting||3|
|ACCT 1120||Spreadsheet Applications||4|