Enrolled Agent (Certificate)
The Enrolled Agent program is designed to prepare students for the Enrolled Agent Examination. The Enrolled Agent Exam is administered by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and represents the highest level of competency for a tax professional. Student completing this program are not only prepared for the examination, but are also prepared for entry level tax preparation. The program provides a strong foundation for the fundamentals of individual, business, gift and estate tax returns.
- Major Code: EAE1
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Location: Griffin & Henry Campuses
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 13
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
To ensure that students graduate with current skills in Accounting, the following courses must be taken five years prior to graduation:
- ACCT 1115—Computerized Accounting
- ACCT 1120—Spreadsheet Applications
- ACCT 1125— Individual Tax Accounting
- ACCT 1130—Payroll Accounting
Courses transferred from other colleges also follow the five year rule.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|First Term||ACCT 1100||Financial Accounting I||4|
|ACCT 1125||Individual Tax Accounting||3|
|Second Term||ACCT 2120||Business Tax Accounting||3|
|ACCT 2250||Representation and Specialized Returns||3|