CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation
- Location: Griffin and Henry Campuses
- Major Code: CA71
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 18
The CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation technical certificate of credit program is designed to provide computer users with the skills and knowledge necessary to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam. Earning CompTIA A+ certification shows that the individual possesses the knowledge, technical skills, and customer relations skills essential for working as a successful entry-level computer service technician.
- Submit completed application and application fee.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope.
- Meet assessment requirements.
To ensure that students graduate with current skills in Computer Information Systems, the following course must be taken five years prior to graduation:
- All CIST
- COMP 1000
Courses transferred from other colleges also follow the five year rule.
|First Term||COMP 1000||Introduction to Computers||3|
|CIST 1001||Computer Concepts||4|
|CIST 1122||Hardware Installation and Maintenance||4|
|Second Term||CIST 1130||Operating Systems Concepts||3|
|Specific Occupation elective||4|
|Specific Occupation Electives||CIST 2122||A+ Preparation||3|
|CIST 1601||Information Security Fundamentals||3|
**Courses will be accepted when transferred in from another institution with a grade of a C or better but may not be offered at this institution.