Web Application Developer (Certificate)
- Location: Griffin and Henry Campuses
- Major Code: IB71
- Award Level: Technical Certificate
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 3 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 35
The Web Application Developer certificate teaches students to develop web sites which include front end scripting and back end server programs. This training includes both Microsoft based and open source web programming techniques. In addition, students learn to provide interactivity to databases and web services. The purpose of this certificate is to provide training opportunities for persons either already employed in the IT industry or have already had IT training to upgrade their skills with advanced courses and skills.
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
To ensure that students graduate with current skills in Computer Information Systems, the following course must be taken five years prior to graduation:
- All CIST
- COMP 1000
Courses transferred from other colleges also follow the five year rule.
|CIST 1220||Structured Query Language||4|
|CIST 1305||Program Design and Development||3|
|CIST 1510||Web Development I||3|
|CIST 1520||Scripting Technologies||3|
|CIST 1601||Information Security Fundamentals||3|
|CIST 2510||Web Technologies||3|
|CIST 2351||PHP Programming I||4|
|CIST 2381||Mobile Application Development||4|
|CIST 2352||PHP Programming II||4|
|CIST 2580||Interactive and Social Apps Integration||4|
Note: Students are required to meet with their advisor for approval of occupational electives.
*Course will be accepted when transferred in from another institution with a grade of a C or better but may not be offered at this institution.