Film and TV Production - Electrical/Lighting Technician II
This program is designed to prepare entry level workers for a job as a production assistant assigned to the electrical/lighting department in the film and TV/video production industry, with an emphasis in the day-to-day working environment of the film production and corporate production operation. With skills in Electrical/lighting department protocol, proficiency in industry software, operations and logistical support, knowledge of workplace and production hierarchy and the overall production business, these student will possess the skill-set to enter the highly competitive film and TV production marketplace with an advantage over their untrained counterparts.
- Major Code: AE31
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 19
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|FILM 2010||Advanced Skills for Film and TV Production I||3|
|FILM 2020||Advanced Skills for Film and TV Production II||3|
|FILM 2310||Advanced Skills of Electric/Lighting for Film I||3|
|FILM 2320||Advanced Skills of Electric/Lighting for Film II||3|
|DIET 1000||Intro to Diesel Technology, Tools, and Safety||3|
|FILM 2550||GFA Film Practicum/Internship||6|
|FILM 2900||Film and TV Production Practicum/Internship||4|
Career and Academic Planning