Film and TV Production - Administrative Assistant I
Film and TV Production – Administrative Support Production Assistant certificate program will train competent entry-level Film/Video office/administrative production assistants who can successfully get an entry-level job in the film / video production industry or continue with their education goals in one of the other Film Production program areas. Subject matter includes basic training in office procedures and applications, the production process, crew responsibilities and hierarchy, and the Ga. Film Tax Credit process. Hands on labs provide student with real world production simulations.
- Major Code: FIT1
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 20
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|BUSN 1400||Word Processing Applications||4|
|COMP 1000||Introduction to Computers||3|
|Choose One: (Required)|
|FILM 1100||GFA Introduction to On-Set Film Production||6|
|FILM 1010||Basic Skills of Film and Television Production I AND||3|
|FILM 1020||Basic Skills for Film and Television Production II||3|
|BUSN 1240||Office Procedures||3|
|BUSN 1440||Document Production*||4|
*Students enrolling in BUSN 1440 are required to take a typing test indicating the ability to key at least 25 words per minute accurately, or successfully pass BUSN 1100 with grade of C or better.
Career and Academic Planning