Film and TV Production - Hair and Make-up Technician
Film and TV Production–Hair Style and Makeup Technician certificate program will train competent entry-level Film/Video Hair and makeup stylist assistants who can successfully get an entry-level job in the film / video production industry or continue with their education goals in one of the other Film Production program areas. Subject matter includes basic training in Hair and makeup for film/TV, fundamentals of special FX makeup, script breakdown and continuity, the production process and crew responsibilities and hierarchy. Hands on labs provide student with real world production simulations.
- Major Code: FP11
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 12
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|FILM 1010||Basic Skills of Film and Television Production I||3|
|FILM 1020||Basic Skills of Film and Television Production II||3|
|FILM 1110||Make-Up, Hair, & Wardrobe Special Techniques for Film & TV||3|
|FILM 1120||Introduction to Special Effects Make-up Techniques for Film and TV||3|
Career and Academic Planning