Film and TV Production - On-Set Production Assistant I
Film and TV Production – On-Set Production Assistant I certificate program will train competent entry-level Film/Video Production Assistants who can successfully get an entry-level job in the film / video production industry or continue with their education goals in one of the other Film Production program areas. Subject matter includes basic training in On-Set production protocols, the pre-production / production / post-production process and crew responsibilities / hierarchy. Hands on labs provide student with real world Film and TV production simulations.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: FI31
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 15
• Submit completed application and application fee
• Be at least 16 years of age
• Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
• Meet assessment requirements
Other Conditions for Admissions
FILM 1010 and FILM 1040 must be taken and passed with a grade of C or better before continuing on to FILM 1020 and FILM 1050.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|FILM 1100||GFA Introduction to On-Set Film Production||6|
|FILM 1010||Basic Skills of Film and Television Production I AND||3|
|FILM 1020||Basic Skills for Film and Television Production II||3|
|FILM 1030||Essentials of Film and Television Post-Production I||3|
|FILM 1040||Film and TV Production Scheduling/Movie Magic||3|
|FILM 1050||Film and TV Production Budgeting/Movie Magic||3|
Career and Academic Planning