Film and TV Production - Scenic Technician I
Film and TV Production – Construction & Scenic Painting Technician certificate program will train competent entry-level Film/Video Art Department - Construction and Scenic Painters assistants who can successfully get an entry-level job in the film/video production industry or continue with their education goals in one of the other Film Production program areas. Subject matter includes basic training in Set Construction for film/TV, fundamentals of safety tool function, and usage, basic painting and texturing techniques, the production process and crew responsibilities and hierarchy. Hands on labs provide students with real world Film and TV construction/scenic simulations.
- Major Code: FI21
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 22
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|COFC 1020||Professional Tool Use and Safety||3|
|COFC 1030||Materials and Fasteners||2|
|FILM 1100||GFA Introduction to On-Set Film Production||6|
|FILM 1010||Basic Skills of Film and Television Production I AND||3|
|FILM 1020||Basic Skills for Film and Television Production II||3|
|COFC 1050||Construction Print Reading Fundamentals||3|
|FILM 1080||Film & TV Basic Set Construction & Scenic Painting I||3|
|FILM 1090||Film & TV Basic Set Construction & Scenic Painting II||3|
Career and Academic Planning