Early Childhood Care and Education Basics (Certificate)
The Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Basics TCC includes three Early Childhood Care and Education courses that are needed for entry-level workers. The program provides an introductory course to the ECCE field, a child growth and development course, and a health, safety, and nutrition course. Graduates have qualifications to be employed in early care and education settings including childcare centers and homes, Head Start/Early Head Start programs, and Georgia Pre-K programs.
- Major Code: EC31
- Award Level: Technical Certificate of Credit
- Location: Griffin and Flint River Campuses, Henry Center and Online
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 Term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 9
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
All learning support classes must be completed and a minimum grade of C for each course is required to receive the certificate of award from SCTC.
Approximate additional costs other than tuition, fees, and textbooks.
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|ECCE 1101||Intro to Early Childhood Care/Education (Required)||3|
|ECCE 1103||Child Growth and Development (Required)||3|
|ECCE 1105||Health, Safety and Nutrition (Required)||3|
Dr. Roslyn J. McCurry/Henry County
Angela Chambers/Flint River Campus
Gary Larson/Flint River Campus
Margaret McCall/Griffin Campus