NCCER Advanced Pipefitting Technician (Certificate)
The NCCER Advanced Pipefitting Technician program of study is the last program in a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in pipefitting and related fields. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasis a combination of pipefitting theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive the NCCER Advanced Pipefitting Technician Technical Certificate of Credit and have the qualification of a pipefitter.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: AM71
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 Term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 15
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcriptsin an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|PPFT 1060||Advanced Pipe Fabrication||4|
|PPFT 1070||Special Piping||4|
|Choose ONE pair of the following:|
|PLBG 1005||Plumbing Fundamentals I||4|
|PLBG 1015||Plumbing Fundamentals II||4|
|WELD 1005||Welding and Cutting Fundamentals||3|
|WELD 1015||Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||4|