Automotive Climate Control Technician (Certificate)
The Automotive Climate Control Technician certificate program provides students with skills for entering the automotive service industry as an entry-level climate control technician. Topics covered include: basic shop safety, electrical/electronic theory and diagnosis, and the theory, operation, diagnosis and servicing of automotive climate control systems.
- Location: Flint River and Griffin Campuses
- Major Code: AH21
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 14
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements.
|Tools (suggested/not required)||$500 and up|
|Equipment/Supplies (suggested/not required)||$70 and up|
|Other required out-services|
|EPA certification in mobile air conditioning servicing||$20|
|(Must be achieved before students complete AUTT 1060, Climate Control)|
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|AUTT 1010—Automotive Technology Introduction||2|
|AUTT 1020—Automotive Electrical Systems||7|
|AUTT 1060—Automotive Climate Control Systems||5|