Automotive Refinishing Assistant I (Certificate)
The Automotive Refinishing Assistant I certificate program prepares students for employment as assistants to lead and master technicians in an automotive collision repair shop. Topics covered include work safety, hand and power tools, basic component repair and replacement, and trim accessories and glass replacements.
- Location: Henry Center
- Major Code: ARA1
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 13
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|ACRP 1000—Introduction to Auto Collision Repair||4|
|ACRP 1005—Automobile Component Repair and Replacement||4|
|ACRP 1010—Foundations of Collision Repair||5|