Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder (Certificate)
Please note that this program is no longer available for new enrollment. Prospective students are advised to request information on NCCER Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Certificate) instead.
The Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder technical certificate of credit prepares students for careers in the welding and joining industry. This certificate emphasizes arc welding in the flat position and is pre-requisite to the advanced certificate.
- Location: Flint River and Griffin Campuses
- Major Code: FS31
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 10
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|WELD 1000—Introduction to Welding Technology||3|
|WELD 1010—Oxyfuel Cutting||3|
|WELD 1040—Flat Shielded Metal Arc Welding||4|