CNC Technology (Diploma)
The CNC Technology program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in the CNC technology field. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes a combination of CNC theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive a CNC Technology diploma and have the qualifications of a CNC technician.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: CT12
- Award Level: Diploma
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 3 Terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 50
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements.
New Program-Ready Fall and Spring Semester CNC Technology Students:
- MCHT 1011, MCHT 1012, AND MATH 1012
- Students who wish to enroll in additional classes are encouraged to contact the program coordinator for further advisement.
New Program-Ready Summer Semester CNC Technology Students:
- First Semester Summer students are advised to enroll in core (general education) classes only. This schedule should include MATH 1012 when applicable. Student should be aware of the compressed nature of the summer semester (8 weeks) compared to the Fall and Spring (16 weeks).
Subsequent to the first semester, students are asked to first meet with the program advisor for recommended enrollment.
An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|ENGL 1010—Fundamentals of English I||3|
|MATH 1012—Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|MCHT 1011—Introduction to Machine Tool||4|
|EMPL 1000—Interpersonal Relations and Prof Development||2|
|MCHT 1012—Blueprint for Machine Tool||3|
|MCHT 1120—Mill Operations I||3|
|Choose a minimum of 3 credits|
|MCHT 1013—Machine Tool Math OR||(3)|
|MATH 1013/1015 Cluster (3 credits each)|
|MATH 1013—Algebraic Concepts AND|
|MATH 1015—Geometry and Trigonometry||6|
|AMCA 2110—CNC Fundamentals||3|
|MCHT 1119—Lathe Operations I||3|
|MCHT 1020—Heat Treatment and Surface Grinding||3|
|AMCA 2130—CNC Mill Manual Programming||5|
|AMCA 2150—CNC Lathe Manual Programming||5|
|AMCA 2190—CAD/CAM Programming||4|
|Specific Occupational elective(s)||6|
|Specific Occupational Electives (Must have 3 or more credit hours)|
|Choose any course using the following course headings|
|You may also choose|
|COLL 1500—College Success and Career Exploration||3|
|COMP 1000—Introduction to Computers||3|
|MATH 1112—College Trigonometry||3|