Garden Center Technician (Certificate)
The Garden Center Technician certificate prepares graduates with the fundamental horticulture skills for positions in the nursery and garden center environment. The curriculum emphasizes plant identification and use, pest management, and business concepts that apply to nursery and retail centers.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: GC31
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring
- Minimum Length of Program: 2 terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 12
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
*Completion time: two terms (Full time schedule is not available for this program due to the seasonal requirements for certain courses.)
|First Term (offered in the fall)|
|HORT 1010—Woody Ornamental Plant Identification||3|
|HORT 1080—Pest Management||3|
|Second Term (offered in the spring)|
|HORT 1020—Herbaceous Plant Identification||3|
|HORT 1140—Horticulture Business Management||3|