NCCER Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (Certificate)
The NCCER Gas Tungsten Arc Welding technical certificate of credit provides instruction in TIG welding techniques. Topics include understanding the nature and culture of the welding industry, oxyfuel cutting techniques, and TIG welding processes.
- Location: Flint River and Griffin Campuses
- Major Code: GT31
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 10
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|COFC 1080—Construction Trades Core||4|
|WELD 1045—Gas Tungsten Arc Welding I||3|
|Choose one of the following courses|
|WELD 1005—Welding and Cutting Fundamentals OR||3|
|WELD 1007—Welding Technology Fundamentals||(3)|