Heating and Air Conditioning Installation Technician (Certificate)
The Heating and Air Conditioning Installation Technician TCC prepares students for careers in the installation of heating and air conditioning systems. Emphasis is placed on the theory and practical application skills necessary to provide the skills for successful employment in the HVACR field.
- Location: Flint River and Griffin Campuses
- Major Code: HAA1
- Award Level: TCC
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 12
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
Approximate additional costs other than tuition, fees, and textbooks
- Tools (suggested/not required) $300 and up
- Equipment/supplies (suggested/not required) $70 and up
- Other required expenses for industry exams
- EPA 608 certification $25
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
Program Courses Credits
|AIRC 1010—Refrigeration Principles and Practices||4|
|AIRC 1030—HVACR Electrical Fundamentals||4|
|AIRC 1060—Air Cond. Systems Application and Installation||4|