Lathe Operator (Certificate)
The Lathe Operator certificate program prepares students to use lathes, lathe set up, and lathe tool grinding. Emphasis is placed on cutting threads, boring holes to precise measurements, and cutting tapers. Topics include an introduction to machine tool technology, blueprint reading for machine tool, and basic and advanced lathe operations.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: LP11
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 1 term
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 15
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|MCHT 1011||Introduction to Machine Tool||4|
|MCHT 1012||Print Reading for Machine Tool||3|
|MCHT 1119||Lathe Operations I||4|
|MCHT 1219||Lathe Operations II||4|