Precision Machining and Manufacturing (Diploma)
- Details and Description
- Admission Requirements
- Machine Tool Technology Gainful Employment Disclosure
The Machine Tool Technology diploma program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in the machine tool technology field. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes a combination of machine tool theory and practical applications necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive a Machine Tool Technology diploma and have the qualifications of a machine tool technician.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: MTT2
- Award Level: Diploma
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 4 terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 48
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
New Program-Ready Fall and Spring Semester Machine Tool Students:
- MCHT 1011, MCHT 1012, AND MATH 1012
- Students who wish to enroll in additional classes are encouraged to contact the program coordinator for further advisement.
New Program-Ready Summer Semester Machine Tool Students:
- First Semester Summer students are advised to enroll in core (general education) classes only. This schedule should include MATH 1012 when applicable. Student should be aware of the compressed nature of the summer semester (8 weeks) compared to the Fall and Spring (16 weeks).
Subsequent to the first semester, students are asked to first meet with the program advisor for recommended enrollment.
An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|ENGL 1010||Fundamentals of English I||3|
|MATH 1012||Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|MCHT 1011||Introduction to Machine Tool||4|
|EMPL 1000||Interpersonal Relations and Prof Development||2|
|MCHT 1012||Blueprint for Machine Tool||3|
|MCHT 1120||Mill Operations I||3|
|Choose a minimum of 3 credits|
|MCHT 1013||Machine Tool Math OR||(3)|
|MATH 1013/1015 Cluster (3 credits each)|
|MATH 1013||Algebraic Concepts AND|
|MATH 1015||Geometry and Trigonometry||6|
|AMCA 2110||CNC Fundamentals||3|
|MCHT 1119||Lathe Operations I||3|
|MCHT 1020||Heat Treatment and Surface Grinding||3|
|MCHT 1219||Lathe Operations II||3|
|MCHT 1220||Mill Operations II||3|
|Specific Occupational elective(s)||6|
|Specific Occupational Electives|
|(Must have 3 or more credit hours)|
|Choose any course using the following course headings:|
|You may also choose:|
|COLL 1500||College Success and Career Exploration||3|
|COMP 1000||Introduction to Computers||3|
|MATH 1112||College Trigonometry||3|