NCCER Pipefitting Technology (Certificate)
The NCCER Pipefitting Technology program of study prepares students for careers in pipefitting and related fields. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasis a combination of pipefitting theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive the NCCER Pipefitting Technology Technician Technical Certificate of Credit and have the qualifications of a pipefitter.
- Location: Griffin Campus
- Major Code: PT31
- Program Entrance Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Minimum Length of Program: 3 terms
- Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: 28
- Submit completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores and ALL post-secondary transcripts in an official sealed envelope
- Meet assessment requirements
The following is a suggested path to complete this program in a timely manner. An individual’s path to completion may be different based on institutional and personal factors affecting his/her academic progress.
Note: While all courses are offered, they may vary by term and campus. See the program advisor for any questions.
|COFC 1080||Construction Trades Core||4|
|PPFT 1010||Introduction to Industrial Pipefitting||3|
|PPFT 1020||Pipe Systems Installation and Assembly||3|
|PPFT 1030||Socket and Butt Weld Pipe Fabrication||4|
|PPFT 1040||Equipment-Slings and Crane Riggings||3|
|PPFT 1050||Testing Procedures||3|
|PPFT 1060||Advanced Pipe Fabrication||4|
|PPFT 1070||Special Piping||4|